Free WiFi is now a thing of the present at city facilities in Saskatoon.
Starting Wednesday, residents and visitors to city hall, the downtown transit terminal and a number of city leisure facilities can use complimentary WiFi.
In a news release Wednesday, Mayor Don Atchison called the free access a “benchmark for modern cities.”
The announcement is made possible in a partnership agreement with Shaw Communications, and is integrated into Saskatoon’s new service model to provide people with city information easily across platforms.
Anyone can access the network on their electronic device by selecting ‘ShawGuest’ from the list of available WiFi settings and following on-screen prompts to connect.
An additional 27 locations are scheduled to be part of the initiative; a list of installation dates is available online.
The service is available now at the following locations:
- Saskatoon City Hall
- Leisure Centres: Cosmo Civic Centre, Lakewood Civic Centre and Lawson Civic Centre
- Outdoor pools (summer months): Lathey Pool, Mayfair Pool
- Arenas: ACT Arena, Gordie Howe Kinsmen Arena
- Golf Course Club Houses: Holiday Park
- Downtown Saskatoon Transit Terminal