For anyone who wants to help incoming refugees, but doesn’t have the time to drop off donations, the task just became a little easier thanks to a Saskatoon group.
Saskatoon4Refugees is organizing a donation pick up day this Saturday.
People can contact the group via their Facebook page to give them a pick-up address and a description of the donations. They then leave the clearly marked donations in bags on their front step. Volunteers will arrive between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday to pick up the donations.
All the items will go to the Saskatoon Open Door Society.
List of accepted items
- Clothing (especially for women and children)
- All winter outerwear (jackets, gloves, hats, coats)
- Gently used baby and kid items (baby equipment, play pens, stroller, toys, books, puzzles)
- Kitchen items (plates, cups, glasses, cutlery, small appliances, mixing bowls, cooking utensils)
- Unopened household items (toilet paper, dish soap, paper towel, cleaning products, Tupperware)
- Toiletries (full size soap, shampoo, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, diapers)
Items that will not be accepted include: furniture, bedding, linens, or extra-large/heavy televisions.