Mounties have arrested two people in connection with a shooting in Pelican Narrows that left two people seriously hurt earlier this month.
A third person is also wanted on serious charges in relation to the shooting, but the Mounties did not release his name or description, citing his status as a minor.
Read more:
- RCMP seek three suspects after shooting injures two in Pelican Narrows
- Saskatoon synagogue egging not motivated by hate, suspect’s lawyer says
- Prince Albert police confirm missing teenager found dead
According to police, officers were called to a home in Linklater Street in the northern Saskatchewan community just before 5 a.m. on Aug. 7.
“Investigation determined a group of armed males approached a male and female at the property, demanding the keys to their vehicle. An altercation occurred and a firearm was discharged, injuring the male and female,” the RCMP said in a statement.
“The armed males fled from the area; they did not steal the victim’s vehicle. Both victims were taken to hospital by EMS with injuries described as serious in nature.”
Police said officers patrolling the area spotted the suspects in a truck, but the driver fled from a traffic stop. The vehicle was later found abandoned on Dorion Crescent and police said a loaded gun was found inside.
The RCMP said three male suspects were arrested nearby, but two of them were later released without charges.
The third suspect –24-year-old William McKay, a resident of Pelican Narrows – was charged with two counts of aggravated assault and two counts of discharging a firearm with intent, along with charges of robbery with a firearm, dangerous driving, pointing a firearm, possession of a firearm with a tempered serial number, flight from police and other gun-related charges. He appeared in Prince Albert Provincial Court on Aug. 10.
Meanwhile, the RCMP said three other residents of the community – 25-year-old Tyrese Sewap, 18-year-old Mikka McCallum and a male teenager whose name and age were not shared by police – were wanted on the same list of charges.
On Wednesday, police said Sewap and the teen had been arrested, but did not share any further details. Both are expected to appear in court in Pelican Narrows later this week.
Additionally, the RCMP said another teen from Pelican Narrows is wanted on a warrant for the same lengthy list of charges, but his identity was also not shared by police.
“Since the male teenager is under the age of 18, he cannot be identified as per the Youth Criminal Justice Act,” the RCMP said in a statement.
“Pelican Narrows RCMP continue to investigate, which includes working to locate Mikka McCallum and the male teenager.”
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of McCallum or the unidentified teen was encouraged to contact the Saskatchewan RCMP or make a report anonymously through Crime Stoppers.









