It’s a Christmas miracle for the town of Outlook.
Residents can now safely use and drink their tap water after the town lifted the precautionary drinking water advisory on Tuesday.
Kevin Trew, the Chief Administrative Officer for the town of Outlook, said even though it was a relief when the advisory finally lifted just in time for Christmas, this event brought out the best in people.
“It was actually amazing how everyone was so good to each other and provided so much grace to each other. From a town staff perspective, we couldn’t have asked for a more resilient community to work with,” he said.
Read more:
- Outlook residents still cannot use water as crews continue restoration
- Outlook residents now can take showers, bathe
- 3,000 Outlook-area residents without water after distribution system tampered with
Roughly 3,000 people in the area—including the RM of Rudy—just southwest of Saskatoon, were under a water advisory since Dec. 15, when the community’s water distribution system was tampered with.
Town staff discovered a hatch had been tampered with outside the reservoir, forcing the water to be treated as compromised.
According to a statement from the Water Security Agency, it was satisfied with “two sets of negative bacteriological sampling and adequate disinfection residuals and turbidity values from samples” collected following the possible contamination in Outlook.
“Therefore, effective immediately the WSA is rescinding the ‘Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory-‘ for the residents and users of the Town of Outlook water supply,” it said.
Last Wednesday, residents were able to flush their toilets, but still couldn’t use their tap water. The town offered water delivery for those who needed it.
Last Friday, residents were able to take a bath or shower. The advisory also replaced the DO NOT USE notice, which informed residents that tap water could be used after it was boiled.
In a previous 650 CKOM report, Outlook’s Chief Administrative Officer Kevin Trew said there was an ongoing RCMP investigation into incidents of vandalism and criminal activity reported on the night of Dec. 14 and early Dec. 15 morning, noting there were also break-ins reported during that time.
Trew said the RCMP thinks the incidents could be related.
Read more:
- Outlook residents still cannot use water as crews continue restoration
- Outlook residents now can take showers, bathe
- 3,000 Outlook-area residents without water after distribution system tampered with
— with files from 650 CKOM’s Mia Holowaychuk and Roman Hayter









