A 25-year-old man from Regina is dead following a two-vehicle collision in the RM of Pense last week.
In a statement sent out Monday, the RCMP said the collision between a truck and a semi occurred on Aug. 10 at the intersection of Highway 39 and Highway 339, southeast of Moose Jaw.
Read more:
- Three charged after gun and open liquor found following crash near Pelican Narrows: RCMP
- Two women face murder charges after deaths on Elphinstone Street: Regina police
- VIDEO: Saskatoon Berries capture franchise’s first WCBL championship with 11-1 win
Police said the driver of the truck was taken to hospital, where he was later declared deceased. His family has been notified. The driver of the semi was uninjured.
Moose Jaw RCMP are investigating with assistance from an RCMP collision reconstruction expert.
Woman dies in collision west of Prince Albert
Shellbrook RCMP responded to a collision between a car and an SUV on Highway #3 Friday morning, three kilometres west of Mont Nebo.
The driver of the car, a 75-year-old woman from Walterboro, South Carolina, was pronounced dead by EMS at the scene. Her family has been notified.
The driver of the SUV was taken to hospital with serious injuries.
The Saskatchewan RCMP reported that as of Aug. 17, there have been 59 fatal collisions in Saskatchewan in 2026, with 72 deaths recorded.
The federal police service has expressed concern about the “significant uptick” in fatal collisions seen in Saskatchewan this year.
Insp. Lee Knelsen, an RCMP traffic services operations officer, said the police force has repeatedly seen the same four factors in many of the collisions: speed, impairment, distracted driving and seatbelts not being worn.
“These are not just numbers; they represent lives lost, and these numbers are increasing,” Knelsen warned. “We urge everyone to make safe decisions every time they get behind the wheel.”
—with files from 650 CKOM’s Libby Gray, CJME News and paNOW’s Logan Lehmann









