A Saskatoon school is the latest place a bear spray incident has occurred in the city, according to police on Wednesday.
In a news release, Saskatoon police report that members of its school resource unit are now investigating after bear spray was discharged outside of a school just after 9 a.m. on May 20.
Read more:
- Victims treated for minor injuries after man allegedly bear sprays Saskatoon bus passengers
- Saskatoon police briefs: Family bear sprayed in home, taxi driver shot with BB gun over long weekend
- Saskatoon police responded to bear spraying on city bus and two armed robberies Wednesday
Officers responded to Mount Royal Collegiate in the 2200 block of Rusholme Road after receiving a report that bear spray had been used.
“Upon arrival, officers located multiple people suffering from its effects; they were treated by members of the Saskatoon Fire Department and released at the scene,” Saskatoon police shared in its release.
The suspect fled the scene before police arrived, but has been identified and police said they are know to one of the victims.
According to Colleen Cameron, communications and marketing manager for Saskatoon Public Schools, the person responsible for the incident is not affiliated with Mount Royal Collegiate and has been identified. She confirmed victims received care from first responders at the scene and are now recovering with family.
The incident, Cameron said, happened outside the main school entrance but did not prevent classes from continuing through the day as normal.
Saskatoon home bear sprayed in early morning hours
Police are also investigating an incident where a home was bear sprayed early Wednesday morning.
Around 3:40 a.m. on May 20, officers responded to the 300 block of Avenue Q South for an unknown problem.
Police learned when they arrived that a home had been sprayed with bear spray and the suspects had fled.
“Members of the Air Support Unit quickly observed two suspects in the 400 block of Avenue R South and relayed their location to officers on the ground; they were located and arrested without incident,” the police said in its release.
After further investigation, the unit discovered a bag that had been allegedly discarded by the suspects in the 300 block of Avenue R South. Police said a sawed-off shotgun and multiple rounds of ammunition inside.
A 25-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman are both facing various charges related to the incident.









