Saskatoon firefighters had to carefully battle a blaze in the Pleasant Hill area early Tuesday morning.
Crews were called around 2 a.m. to a single, detached garage fully engulfed in flames in the alley behind 350 Avenue S South.
When they arrived, firefighters found an overhead power line — apparently downed by the intense heat — sparking near the building.
The Saskatoon Fire Department said crews knocked down the flames while being mindful of the arcing power line.
Saskatoon Light and Power were called to the scene and were able to de-energize the line.
No one was inside the garage and no injuries were reported.
Investigators believe the fire was set deliberately. Damage is estimated at $10,000.