The R.M. of Corman Park has issued a complete outdoor fire ban after a grass fire caused heavy damage to a rural property Saturday.
Firefighters spent 10-and-a-half hours extinguishing a blaze near Auction Mart Road over the weekend.
The fire had started as a controlled burn, but dry conditions and high winds pushed the flames to a neighbouring property. The blaze destroyed a garage, several vehicles and damaged a home.
Corman Park announced its fire ban Monday afternoon.
The restrictions cover fire pits, burning barrels, controlled burns, fireworks and any other outdoor flame.
Barbecues and other devices using propane-fuelled flames are exempt.
The R.M. said the ban would be in effect until further notice.