A kitchen fire Saturday night ended with a man suffering a burn on his hand.
Saskatoon fire crews were called a basement suite at 917 7th Avenue North around 9:30 p.m. when a pot with oil in it caught fire.
When crews arrived they found a man in the suite had carried the burning pot up the stairs and outside spilling oil on the way and causing a small fire.
It was put out quickly and caused around $1,500 in damage.
The man was taken to hospital with what appeared to be a minor burn to one hand.
It has the Saskatoon Fire Department reminding people to be careful cooking with oil and if a fire breaks out to never move it.
In a media release, officials suggest people turn off the burner the pot is on and cover it with a metal lid or cookie sheet to put out small fires.
If the fire isn’t under control, they urge people to call 911.