An apartment building in Saskatoon was evacuated Wednesday morning after a woman was found dead in a room with high levels of carbon monoxide.
Saskatoon emergency crews responded to a 911 call on Avenue R South near St. Paul’s Hospital around 10 a.m. Wednesday.
First responders found a 41-year-old woman dead inside her apartment.
Saskatoon Fire said carbon monoxide levels in the apartment building were three times higher than their threshold to prompt an evacuation.
Some residents of the building stayed in a Saskatoon Transit bus while firefighters turned off the natural gas supply and ventilated the building.
Police note the cause of the woman’s death hasn’t yet been determined, and an autopsy is scheduled for Thursday.
Investigators are working with the office of the chief coroner.