The Pats continue to roll with their winnings ways notching a 5-2 win against Saskatoon Friday night.
Austin Wagner scored two goals and four other Pats players recorded two-point nights in the win over the Blades including Nick Henry, Sam Steel, Adam Brooks and Dawson Davidson.
The Pats got on the board first with a goal from Henry halfway through the first period, while Pats goaltender Tyler Brown held the line against the Blades offence.
Regina took off in the second period scoring three goals to the Blades one.
First Austin Wagner got on the board in a four-on-four just 36 seconds into the period, Davidson added the second goal of the second period about five minutes later.
Brown would give way to Saskatoon’s Bryton Sayers on the powerplay, but the Pats would take back their three-point lead 21 seconds later, courtesy of Connor Hobbs, and go into the second intermission up 4-1.
Both teams would score in the third period, Braylon Shmyr put one in for the Blades while Wagner notched his second, a shorthanded and unassisted empty-netter, with less than three minutes left in the game.
The final score was 5-2 for Regina, which extends the Pats winning streak to seven games.
They’re back in action at the Brandt Centre Saturday night against the Edmonton Oil Kings. Puck drop is at 7pm.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Dawson Davidson, Austin Wagner and Braylon Shmyr were the game stars.
- Davidson scored his first goal as a Pat.
- Tyler Brown is 4-0-0 in his return from injury.
- Sam Steel and Adam Brooks remain atop the league in points with 91 and 88 respectively.
- Austin Wagner is second in the league for shinhanded goals with six, the Pats are first in the league overall in this category with 18.
- Sam Steel celebrated his 19th birthday Friday.