Andrew Scheer is gaining some support in Saskatchewan’s legislature for his federal Conservative leadership bid.
The Regina MP sent out a media release on Tuesday announcing 20 Saskatchewan MLAs had put their support behind him in his bid for the party leadership, all of whom are Sask. Party members.
“I am honoured at the support from these hardworking Saskatchewan MLA’s. My campaign is about uniting Conservatives across the country to defeat Trudeau in 2019,” said Scheer in the release.
These MLAs include:
- Steven Bonk, MLA for Moosomin
- Bill Boyd, MLA for Kindersley
- Fred Bradshaw, MLA for Carrot River Valley
- Greg Brkich, MLA for Arm River
- Jennifer Campeau, MLA for Saskatoon Fairview
- Lori Carr, MLA for Estevan
- Herb Cox, MLA for The Battlefords
- Dan D’Autremont, MLA for Cannington
- Terry Dennis, MLA for Canora-Pelly
- Larry Doke, MLA for Cut Knife-Turtleford
- Jeremy Harrison, MLA for Meadow Lake
- Warren Kaeding, MLA for Melville-Saltcoats
- Greg Lawrence, MLA for Moose Jaw Wakamow
- Hugh Nerlien, MLA for Kelvington-Wadena
- Greg Ottenbreit, MLA for Yorkton
- Kevin Phillips, MLA for Melfort
- Doug Steele, MLA for Cypress Hills
- Warren Steinley, MLA for Regina Walsh Acres
- Lyle Stewart, MLA for Lumsden-Morse
- Christine Tell, MLA for Regina Wascana Plains