Souls Harbour Rescue Mission is in urgent need of turkeys for their Thanksgiving meal.
The annual meal is set for Oct. 7 at 1475 Athol St. at the Dean Smith Youth Centre.
They have a shopping list of donations they need before noon on Oct. 4 to make their holiday dinner a success.
The most pressing needs are for:
- 18 large turkeys
- 750 Warm Up For Winter Mugs (men, women and children)
Other items needed:
- Five 4 litre jugs of milk
- 200 small boxes (120 g) of stuffing mix
- 17 large (120 g) packages of gravy mix
- 25 large (3 kg) bags of tossed lettuce salad
- 80 small cans (337 ml) of cranberry sauce
- 93 small or 60 large pumpkin pies
- Two 4 litre bottles of ranch dressing
- 50 cans of whipped cream (aerosol cans)
- 20 litre (5 x 3.78 L) jars of pickles
- 63 dozen dinner buns
- 390 individual butter/margarine
- 45 large (50 cm x 30 cm x 8 cm) tin pans