Those eagerly awaiting to book their summer campsites at Saskatchewan provincial parks now have the dates in which they can do that.
The province announced that reservations will begin on April 11. The launch is being staggered over a 10-day period so that different parks can be booked on different days. A queuing system used last year will again be in place this year to help co-ordinate the high volumes of web traffic the site gets.
Reservations will start at 7 a.m. each day while the queuing system will begin at 6:40 a.m. Reservations typically begin in March, but because of the provincial election the government doesn’t want any overlap, which is why the decision was made to move booking dates to April.
The schedule for reservation launch is as follows:
- Monday, April 11: Blackstrap, Pike Lake
- Tuesday, April 12: Buffalo Pound, Danielson, Douglas
- Wednesday, April 13: Echo Valley, Rowan’s Ravine
- Thursday, April 14: Duck Mountain, Good Spirit Lake, Greenwater Lake
- Friday, April 15: Crooked Lake, Moose Mountain
- Saturday, April 16: Cypress Hills
- Sunday, April 17: The Battlefords, Saskatchewan Landing
- Monday, April 18: Meadow Lake
- Tuesday, April 19: Bronson Forest, Chitek Lake, Lac La Ronge, Makwa Lake
- Wednesday, April 20: Candle Lake, Great Blue Heron, Narrow Hills
For those campers wishing to book a seasonal campsite, they have until Jan. 28 at midnight to submit their application online. The campsites will be drawn on Feb. 1.
Two campsites won’t be available for April reservations because of the recent impact of wildfires. Wadin Bay and Nemeiben in Lac La Ronge Provincial Park are still being fixed, and will available for booking at a later date.