Firefighters in Moose Jaw had to battle a fire at a home twice overnight.
Moose Jaw firefighters were called to a house fire on the 500 block of Stadacona St. W. shortly before 10 p.m. Thursday. A man was the only person in the home, and needed treatment for minor burns to his hand.
Shortly before 3 a.m. Friday, police and firefighters were called back to the home after a neighbour reported that the fire had started up again.
Fire crews remained on scene to ensure there were no further flare ups.
The Moose Jaw Police Service believes the fire was started by a lit cigarette left on a mattress.
The home is a total loss with damage estimated at $150,000.