A Saskatoon woman says she was fired from her retail job for having an allergic reaction while at work.
Danielle Duperreault says she has several life-threatening allergies, including one to bell peppers.
She was working at an Urban Planet clothing store on Monday when she ate some seasoned nuts, not realizing they contained pepper powder.
Within minutes, her tongue began burning, her skin started itching and she realized she was going into anaphylactic shock.
She says she was at a clinic waiting for an ambulance when she got word from her manager saying she was not getting any more shifts.
A statement from the company’s head office says Urban Planet is taking the issue seriously and is looking into the matter.