Shooting at Colorado theatre kills 12, injures dozens
Video and news reports of shooting at Colorado theatre
First Posted: Jul 20, 2012 8:08am | Last Updated: Jul 20, 2012 3:35pm
The latest in our ongoing coverage of the theatre shooting on Aurora, Colorado.
- Crowd gathered at theatre in Aurora, Colorado for the midnight premiere of 'The Dark Knight Rises', the newest Batman film.
- Some moviegoers see a man enter in protective clothing. A gas is released from a canister he has. He showers the crowd with bullets, killing 12 and injuring more than 50.
- Police take 24-year-old James Holmes into custody.
- Holmes says his apartment is "booby-trapped". Police find explosives. The apartment complex is evacuated.
- Police say Holmes had coloured his hair red and called himself "The Joker".
More on this tragedy:
- Theatres still showing 'The Dark Knight Rises' in Regina
- 12 killed, 59 wounded in Colorado theatre shooting
- Ontario man's girlfriend killed in Colorado shooting
- Shooting at Colo. theatre shocks movie industry
- Shooting cancels Paris premiere of Batman movie