The extreme cold didn’t help firefighters battling a blaze outside Saskatoon early Sunday morning.
Fire crews responded to a 911 call of a house fire south of the city off Haultain Road.
They arrived around 4:30 a.m. to find a two-storey house filled with smoke.
Crews searched the house for anyone trapped inside, but no one was there.
The fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished. Crews used a thermal imaging camera to find any remaining hot spots.
Officials believe the blaze was likely caused by wrong use of a wood-burning fireplace.