Now that kids are out of school for the summer Saskatoon opened it’s youth centres for the season on Monday.
The programs, that include sports, arts, and a place to hang out, are open to people ages 12 to 16.
From Monday to Thursday most locations are open 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
A release from the city lists the locations as:
- Brownell School (274 Russell Road)
- Confederation Park School (3555 John A. Macdonald Road)
- Pope John Paul II School (3035 Arlington Avenue)
- St. John School (1205 Avenue N South)
- St. Mary’s Wellness and Education Centre (327 Avenue N South)
- St. Peter Elementary School (202 Sumner Crescent)
- St. Volodymyr School (302 Kellough Road)
- Westmount Community School (411 Avenue J North)
Arts Only Youth Centres
- Albert Community Centre (610 Clarence Avenue South) Monday to Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sports Only Youth Centre
Lacrosse, basketball, badminton and floor hockey is available.
- Lakewood Civic Centre (1635 McKercher Drive) Monday to Thursday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., and Friday 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Briarwood Park Outdoor Court (beside Briarwood Park spray pad) Tuesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cosmo Civic Centre (3130 Laurier Drive) Monday and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Monday to Thursday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Forest Grove Outdoor Court (beside Forest Grove School spray pad) Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Optimist Outdoor Court (beside Riversdale paddling pool) Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Charlottetown Park (behind Cosmo Civic Centre) Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Lions Skate Park (Victoria Park – beside Riversdale Pool) Monday and Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Morris T. Chernesky Park (beside Shaw Civic Centre) Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Umea Park (behind Lawson Civic Centre off Pinehouse Drive) Thursday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- W.W. Ashley Park (beside Lathey Pool) Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.