Investigators believe a power source in a rooftop bulkhead at Sherwood Chevrolet sparked a fire Friday night that caused more than one million dollars in damage.
An alarm signal from a fire monitoring company around 9:45 p.m. tipped off the Saskatoon Fire Department.
When they arrived at 550 Brand Road crews found smoke in the showroom and fire in the upper level that had made it’s way to the outer corner of the building.
Crews had to pull away some of the exterior building coverings to reach hot spots and extinguish them.
Once investigators got inside they discovered $750,000 in damage to contents in the building and $500,000 in damage to the structure.