The young man involved in a fatal crash earlier this month on Circle Drive will remain behind bars for at least another week.
The teen made a brief appearance Tuesday in Saskatoon Provincial Court for breach charges he picked up before the collision.
The Crown ordered an electronic monitoring report before the judge adjourned the case until Sept. 20.
A Saskatoon police spokesperson said serious charges are still being considered against the teen, but did not provide a timeline on when a decision would be made.
“It is not at all unusual for fatal traffic collision investigations to be lengthy,” said Alyson Edwards.
Edwards said investigators are still interviewing witnesses, waiting for lab results and for the results of a collision analysis following the crash on Sept. 7.
Police said a northbound car clipped a slow moving construction vehicle, lost control and crossed the center median before slamming into a southbound vintage Volkswagen beetle.
The-70-year-old man driving the classic car died at the scene.
On Sept. 9, about three dozen classic cars made their way through Saskatoon as part of a ‘slow cruz’ to honour the man who died.