“Possession of an explosive substance” – that’s just one of the dozen charges laid on a 46-year-old man in Moose Jaw this weekend.
Wayne Scott McGuire was arrested Sunday morning in a Tim Horton’s parking lot. Police were called out around 6:30 a.m. because a man been parked there for hours.
Police soon realized the man inside the truck was a suspect in another case, and so decided to conduct a high-risk arrest. McGuire was arrested without incident.
Originally McGuire was just charged with possession of stolen property over $5,000, and possession of a stolen vehicle for a Chevrolet Avalanche. Then on Monday officers added another 10 charges:
- Possession of a loaded firearm
- Possession of an explosive substance
- Two counts of possession of a prohibited device
- Two counts of possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle without authorization to do so
- Two counts of carrying a firearm in a careless manner
- Carry a prohibited weapon
McGuire will make his first appearance in court on these charges on Tuesday.