It looks like Regina police have cracked the case of the tailgate thief.
At the end of March, the public was warned about a rash of thefts where tailgates were being stolen from the back of trucks.
On Saturday afternoon, police arrested a 54-year-old man. Reginald Cisek is facing 20 charges including multiple counts of break and enter including one attempted break in at a business, as well as theft under $5,000, fraud under $5,000 and possession of stolen property.
The full list of charges includes:
– 2 counts of break and enter and commit
– five counts of theft under $5,000
– six counts of fraud under $5,000
– four counts of possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
– three counts of possession of property obtained by crime over $5,000
– and one count of attempt break and enter business.
Police said they recovered some stolen property. Cisek made his first court appearance on those charges on Monday.