Saskatoon fire crews rescued two people from a second storey balcony during an apartment fire in Sutherland Saturday night.
The call came in just before 9 p.m. that smoke was filling the second floor of the building in the 300 block of Central Avenue.
The two people on the balcony next door to the burning unit had to be rescued because they couldn’t get into hallway due to smoke.
Another person suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.
Fire crews determined the cause of the fire was careless use and disposal of smoking materials.
Damage is estimated at $150,000.