Classes at Campus Regina Public are cancelled Monday after smoke filled the building due to a small fire.
Regina Fire and Protective Services were called to the old Cochrane High School on 14th Avenue after 7 am. Monday. A spokesperson for the Regina Public School Division explained that a “cleaning machine” had overheated and filled the building with smoke.
While the smoke had been cleared out of the building, an odour remained in the school. For the safety of students and staff, classes were cancelled Monday but are expected to resume Tuesday.