A large storage building in the town of Regina Beach was reduced to smoldering ruins thanks to an early morning fire on Saturday.
The building was on Highway 54 just on the outskirts of town, east of the fire hall. According to town councilor Brian Barber, it was used as shop and storage space for several different businesses in the town.
The building was fully engulfed by 7:30 a.m. Witnesses said the flames could be seen from across the lake.
Barber passed by a little while later, once the fire was pretty well out.
“It’s wood frame and pretty windy today, so it went up in a hurry, and nothing but smoldering ruins there now,” said Barber.
As of late Saturday morning there were no reports of injuries in the fire.