Reports of a gruesome incident have users of a Saskatoon dog park concerned.
Allegations surfaced online Monday about the suspected poisoning of a dog that reportedly died after a walk around the Avalon off-leash area.
That’s led to an email circulated among groups of dog owners warning people to make sure their animals don’t eat anything that may be left out in the park.
On Tuesday, park users were greeted by a handmade sign on the park gate warning of the alleged incident. Among them was longtime park user Michael Blair, who was out for his daily walk with his 18-month-old pup, Rooney.
“It’s just something ignorant, it shouldn’t happen but it does. It’s just a sign of society,” he said.
The reports have come just 10 days after a similar incident near the Frontier Veterinary Clinic. In that case, vets had to rush to save a dog after it ate meat laced with what’s believed to have been rat poison.