Staff at the St. Paul’s Hospital morgue were evacuated Friday night after a small amount of liquid formaldehyde was spilled.
The Saskatoon Fire Department arrived around 10:30 p.m. and found a three litre spill of Formalin, a chemical used to preserve bodies, on the ceramic floor of the unit.
Crews wore protective suits and self-contained breathing gear, to clean up the spill and shut off a leaking valve that was the source of the spill.
The unit was vented and staff were allowed to return to work. No one was hurt.